To install the latest version of Laravel on a Windows or Ubuntu OS, we will need to have the following tools installed on our system,
Required Tools For Laravel
- PHP installed on your machine How To Install PHP In Windows 10.
- Composer: Composer is a dependency manager for PHP. You will need it to install Laravel and its dependencies. You can check here Install Composer on Linux and Windows in 3 Steps
- Git: Git is a version control system that you will need to clone the Laravel repository from GitHub. You can download Git from https://git-scm.com/downloads.
Steps to Install the latest version of Laravel
Once you have these tools installed, follow these steps to install Laravel:
- Open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the directory where you want to install Laravel.
- Run the following command to install Laravel using Composer:
composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel your-project-name
Replace “your-project-name” with the name you want to give to your project. This will create a new Laravel project in a directory with the same name as your project.
- Go to the project directory by running the following command:
- Run the following command to start the Laravel development server:
php artisan serve
This will start the development server at http://localhost:8000. You can access your Laravel application by visiting this URL in your web browser.
That’s it! You have successfully installed and set up a new Laravel project on your Windows machine.