To Check the Processes Running in Windows using PHP, we have to use the PHP tasklist command with
Complete Code to Check Process Running in Windows Using PHP
// show tasks, redirect errors to NUL (hide errors)
exec("tasklist 2>NUL", $task_list);
- In the above code, we use the PHP tasklist command to see what processes are running in Windows.
- exec is the PHP inbuilt function used to execute an external program and return the last value, if there is no return then it returns the NULL value.
- In the last line, we print the
$task_listvariable where we store the list of running processes in windows.
You can check it by running it on your local machine using XAMP or WAMP.
Also Read: Best PHP IDE Code Editor in 2021 [Updated]
How to Kill Windows Process Using PHP
exec("taskkill /F /IM taskName.exe 2>NUL");
In the above code, we use the same exec() function to execute the PHP tasklist command and by using taskName from the list we can kill the process.
Here is the complete explanation of how we can check processes running in windows PHP and also kill by using the command.
To know more you can check PHP: getmypid – Manual.
- Set PHP Error Reporting Into The PHP File
- How to Get Input Value From User in PHP?
- Complete Guide PHP Error Log